Thursday, January 25, 2007

What if . . .

Living in the past.
Living in the future.

NOT living in the moment is what causes the insanity in our lives.
In our world.

Avoiding the present moment and either being afraid of. . . or eagerly anticipating (most likely a little bit of both) the future.

“How will I pay my bills?”
“What if I get sick/cancer/fat?”

And on and on.

Each one a story we tell ourselves to avoid
being in the present moment.
All this according to the world’s ancient religions, as well as modern interpretations of ancient wisdom by today’s Wise Ones, such as Eckhart Tolle.

It’s beginning to sink into my own Insanity-ridden brain.
I can be in deep peace or joy by simply bypassing the inner stories hammering at my brain and sinking into the NOW.
It works.

I've been trying it lately.

Today, when I caught myself muttering about “what ifs” and “I shoulds”, I literally stopped whatever it was I was doing or thinking at the moment and said, “YES”. To the feeling, no matter what it was. To the happening, no matter what it was. And it felt very good. Peaceful. Hopeful.

I’m learning.

I’m growing.

I’m loving myself into this moment.

No comments: