Monday, October 11, 2010

Gratitude


I am the one being deluged with blessings.


They down upon me and flood my being,

saturating and washing me with happiness and fulfillment.

My boots are overflowing.

With every step I take, my feet are awash with gratitude.

Goodness, nourishment, joy and beauty overwhelm me all the days of my life.


. . . . . .

Sorta reminds me of the 23rd Psalm, although I hadn't intended it to.

What seems to be gradually dawning upon this thick head of mine, is how much I have for which to be grateful. How everything, everyone and every single event of my life has been and continues to be an opportunity for growth and happiness.

As I let go of seeing events, people or things as "either good or bad", the less weighed down I feel. It costs me nothing to simply let go of all the reasons I have thought good enough to hold a grudge or feel sad in the past. Simply let go.

Let them fade into the altogether.

Fizzle into the ethers.

Melt away into the atmosphere.

Scratch them off my list.

Today is a superb reason for celebration. Letting the smile free. Breathe in a deep breath and count the myriad reasons for joy that surround me. Nothing else makes sense.

No comments: