Sunday, May 27, 2012

Running Naked Through the Church

. . .Since the arrival of facebook in my life, I notice that no one comments on my blog any more. Well ALMOST no one.
I might as well run naked through the pages because it feels like no one would see me. I might as well expose my innermost thoughts, since my readers are elsewhere. Reading other stuff. Even I don't put as much energy into my writing when I can thoughtlessly toss a few mindless lines on facebook and congratulate myself that I'm "staying in touch.

. . .So anyway, here goes a few more words, even if no one reads them. Like hanging my laundry out
to dry, it'll be there until its dry, whether anyone catches a glimpse of it or not.

. . . The Catholic Church has been in the news and on my mind lately. While in the midst of writing my memoirs, scandal continues
to rock the foundations of what I used to revere as my church. I no longer claim it as such. I haven't identified myself as
Catholic for ages. Especially now that the Pope and his boys-in-Rome have reached new depths of selfishness and bullying.
Demanding that women have unwanted babies; forbidding contraception; outright declaration of war against homosexuals;
refusal to allow married clergy and total exclusion of women from the priesthood are reasons I no longer affiliate myself with it. It would embarrass me to align myself with Catholicism in its present form.

. . .Another reason I wouldn't rejoin the Church, even if I was paid to do so, is because the Church is not broad
enough for me spiritually. I've had to seek elsewhere to quench my spiritual longing. I've pursued Buddhism, Shamanism, metaphysics, Quantum physics and ancient spiritual practices in my desire to find truth. And though I hold Jesus in a special place, I no longer claim him as my "savior". Though it would have been easier to assign some kind of alternate Deity the responsibility for my spiritual growth and evolution, I have
come to realize that . . .

. . .I am my own Deity.
. . .I am responsible for my own soul.
. . .I am an Eternal being.

3 comments:

Patricia Lichen said...

Hey! Who you calling "Almost nobody"?!

I never had a personal connection to the Catholic church, so its pronouncements and uproars are rather removed from me.

I hadn't quite realized until now how strange it must to be look back with such disillusionment at the compass point your world once revolved around.

A fine post. which makes me stop and think.

Rose L said...

AMEN!!!! I follow!!

Rose L said...

I never get an email telling me you have a new post even though I am a follower. I find out when I check it every few days!