Friday, September 14, 2012

Past Lives



The waning months of summer reintroduced old friends to me. A Former Nun Reunion. We had all been nuns together.. .and then left and were lost to one another for almost forever.
After such distance of years and miles, there were a surprising number of connections made between  us. There were many I'd forgotten, or whom I'd given up as lost to the distant past. At the Reunion, I found that, though our lives have faded into thin, we saw beyond the black and white veil, the job descriptions, or whether we'd been married/partnered or not. We simply WERE together and rediscovered who'd we'd each been all along.

I was warmed by the eye-to-eye, heart-to-heart resonance that occurred. Something was there after all this time. An almost imperceptible thread has held us together -- over the years and throughout the great diversity of our experiences. A heart-thread. Several of us felt it, though it could not be seen with the naked eye. We felt it. A warmth. A belonging. A sense of - being-wonderful-togetherness. Something I will never forget again.

No comments: