Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Blue




It’s a chilly 45 degrees today and I’m wearing my winter turtleneck and corduroy pants. Jan, Elaine and I are about ready to take off for our morning grocery shopping excursion in The Dalles. Mike is off to Seattle for five days, so I’m babysitting his two dogs and two cats. Mostly they are alone all day and night. When I get the chance, I slip across the street and sit with them or play catch in the backyard. Of course, I feed them and then settle them in for the night. Animals are such a joy to be around. A reminder of how to live in the present moment and be unconditionally accepting.

For the past couple days I’ve been stitching together a banner. It’s my own pattern and I’ve chosen red and gold as the main colors, since those are what we have in our living room. Last week I gave in to impulse and bought an antique loveseat at one of the antique shops here. It has been recently reupholstered and is the most juicy shade of blue. The color is what tempted me every time we went into the shop to buy coffee. Well, now I’m enjoying the sofa, as well as the cozy feeling it creates in my office inside the front entryway.

No comments: