Saturday, June 28, 2008

Open Me








Jan and I just returned home from our neighbor’s fiftieth year wedding anniversary. It was held at the Fair Grounds just outside town. There must have been a hundred thirty or so people there. So many more folks are becoming familiar to us now. We’ve almost lived here seven years. I still can’t believe how friendly and welcoming the folks here are. It doesn’t matter how long lives here. Every newcomer is welcomed into the heart of the community, it seems. At least that’s how it seems to so many of us. Jan and I continue to feel blessed in this country life of ours.

I have not been writing in my journal lately. Life has been coming together in ways that I find hard to put into words. I’m agonizing less over things. Worrying less. Feeling less insecure about the future. The cumulative influence of such uplifters as: Byron Katie, Wayne Dyer, Dahli Lama, Esther Hicks and others is reaching me. On my own inward journey, I’m experiencing an overall sense of healing and renewal. Opening up the shell I’ve grown around myself over successive lifetimes. Although the media seems to indicate that our civilization and planet are headed for inevitable destruction, it seems the opposite to me. Below the surface of this busy, earthy planet of ours, there’s a mighty resurrection happening. A re-birthing of spirit and a healing on many levels at once. I feel an unparalleled collective uprising taking place. We just have to know where to look.

Oprah and her guests discussed the Law of Attraction yesterday. Increasing numbers are becoming aware of how we have the power to create our own lives. Down to the minutest detail. My own life is a perfect example. So rich with peoplesho cherish and inspire me. Filled with folks who teach me, mirror me and show me the way. My life is filled with increasing opportunity to share my talents, express my creativity and just plain enjoy being still. More than ever before, I am opening up to the marvel of who I AM.

Until recently, I wasted a lot of time worrying about. Not feeling good enough. Trying to change myself or someone close to me. Being apologetic and unsettled. Thinking that full happiness and security awaited me just around the corner, instead of in the immediate present moment. No longer. I’m finally coming home. Finding the real me. What a profound discovery has become.

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

Life in a small town is surely a different atmosphere, isn't it? I am so glad that you sound happy and fulfilled. I know you've worked hard to open your spirit and it is working at last!