

My itchy feet propelled me to pack up my drawing tablet, watercolors and a can of soda pop to hunt something to draw. I headed north on Hwy. 97 to Grass Valley, a mere nine miles from us. Though I'd been there several times in the past, I turned off the highway a short distance and noticed for the first time, an old, abandoned church in a grassy field. While I hopped out of my car and walked around it to gauge the best view, a couple other travelers stopped by to take photos too. After a quick sketch and some photos, I headed home to upload the photos and then watercolor my drawing. Doesn't take a whole lot to ring my bell these days: A brilliantly sunny afternoon, a camera, a church. . .and a box of watercolors. And now I couldn't be more satisfied with my bright, fantasy-colored version of that old church on the hill.

No comments:
Post a Comment