It would be an understatement to say that a lot has been happening since my last entry. After 21 years with my partner, I'm moving out. Back to where my where part of me has never left: Portland. Jan and I have been drifting apart for probably seven years now, and though it has probably been obvious to others, I've finally awakened to the fact that, unless I move on, my spirit will curl up and die.
I do not fault her for being who she is. We're simply not on the same track anymore and never will be again. Facing this has taken me a long time. I'm ready now. Time for me. Time for following my own heart. Wherever that may be.
My very dear friend and her partner have invited me to stay with them in Southeast Portland for as long as it takes me to know where I'm going to live.
Next time I check in on my blog, I'll be settled in Portland. My heart is singing.

2 comments:
I am glad that you're happy and doing what is best for you. I can't stand to see you sad and your spirit dampened. You've always been such a wonderful, bright person that I would hate to see you at anything less.
Kudos to you for facing something that is obviously extremely difficult. You have my prayers and warmest thoughts.
I love you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Portland!!
I should have known something was up - you've been very quiet of late. I know this was a very difficult decision, but I know you will face the adjustments and come out better at the other end. You also have my prayers and thoughts. Don't forget to write! (I do hope your friend has air conditioning, though!)
Post a Comment