Two days ago I learned that my beloved Jan had died. Though I’ve been expecting it for a year now, I wasn’t prepared. Though I know that it’s only a transition, I feel a loss. Emptiness. Aloneness that is deeper than I’ve ever felt before.
Lisa asked me today if I would take one of the cats left behind. My sweet Buster and Missy. She’ll take Buster and I want Missy. She’ll be a great comfort to me and I hope I will be for her. I want company now. I want to comfort my cats and give them a home. Erase the guilt I’ve felt for having left them behind. Poor Suki had to be put down without me to clean up after him. My poor incontinent Suki.
I’m waiting to hear back from Lisa so I can go purchase a litter box and carrier for my sweet Missy. Please, Earl and Jayne, let me have my Missy again.

2 comments:
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know there isn't anything I can say to make you feel better. Please know that my love and prayers are with you as you transition through this. If you need anything, please let me know. I love you. xo
Thank you, my dear Heather.
Post a Comment