Sunday, May 22, 2011

Brave

I've been sharing my thoughts on the Internet before Blogs became popular. Folks used to ask me how I could dare share my innermost feelings and thoughts in such a public way. It's never bothered me, nor do I feel brave for having spewed out my thoughts.

So few people check them out that there's little risk. If my words bore or offend anyone, they don't have to return. Sharing in this way is important to me and has made a difference. I tell myself that if my memoirs never get published, I've certainly publicized parts of my life already. I feel no urgent need to publish my life story; simply to want to write it. Transport it from my insides to the outside, and thus get a more objective view of it all. Blogging or journaling has helped me understand the complicated, beautiful and totally unique being I've become. It's helped me accept, honor and love myself more deeply over the years. I've finally landed in place where I'm grateful for who I am and for every part of my life/lives that has brought me to the exact place I am. Right now.

5 comments:

Patricia Lichen said...

Oh yeah, I think the blogosphere is getting more crowded! I really haven't had much of an interest in reading blogs until recently. I didn't know what I was missing!

Anonymous said...

I think I've got your blog address now but not sure how to subscribe. I'm enjoying your readings at Group and now will enjoy your blogs as well. Alice Lynn

Anonymous said...

Alice, click on the Follow button.
Orice, I think I will enjoy reading your thoughts here. Your memoirs is wonderful. Keep it up!

Beth

Moma said...

Namaste, Orice.

Orice said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Yikes! There was a certain kind of humdrum safety in "not being read" too often. Now, thanks to Chrysalis, I'm becoming visible again.