Sunday, May 8, 2011

Relocated

I've reached the other side, after having clawed my way through the moving process. Each time I move, I swear it will be the last. Nothing is so unsettling as a move. Good thing my body is solid and I have the ability to remain relatively grounded, in spite of my tendency to constantly relocate.

Each year in the convent, I was assigned a new place to teach for each of the first four or five years I taught. It seemed pretty willy-nilly to me, because plenty of my peers were able to stay in one place, while I was shuffled around. In the summers, I was bounced from one college to another in pursuit of my bachelor's degree in Education. I felt like a grasshopper.

We Benedictines even took a Vow of Stability, which meant our roots were to remain in one place: our remote convent location in northern Idaho. I'll be going into more detail about this issue in my memoirs. This blog brings up subjects that I've fogotten in the writing of my convent escapades. Remembering motivates me to write again. There's so much to share.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm very much enjoying your memoir. It's so intriguing and well-written.

Patricia Lichen said...

I've heard that writing memoirs triggers more memories. One of these days I might try it too. When I was younger, I thought I didn't need to write things down because there was NO WAY I could ever forget them. Ha!