Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life Raft

Why is it so much easier to think and act negatively at times, rather than make the effort to rise above it with positive thoughts and words? No sooner do I resolve to think "lightly" about myself, my day and others, than I find myself griping, presuming the worst or looking for what I don't like.

I have no excuse for giving in to despair, because I know that Dreaming-the-Positive actually works wonders. Besides transforming my mood and uplifting others, dreaming positively helps manifest better circumstances than would otherwise be possible. I dreamed the current home I'm living in. . . .along with my sweet companion and lover. All seemingly impossible and without a lot of effort. I focused my mind and emotions with an attitude of LIGHT. I joyfully anticipated what I WANTED, and filled my heart with gratitude BEFORE the house and lover appeared on my horizon. I wanted and celebrated as if I already had it. Within a week I had both. . .a lovely home AND a sweet lover.

Good reasons to stay in a LIGHT mood.

As if to confirm this, I received the following encouraging Morning Message in my inbox:


"Your Life Raft

The physiology of the body responds to the vibrations of the emotions. When you radiate joy, happiness, gratitude, appreciation, and love, the chemicals/hormones - directives from the brain - are expansive and opening. The very cells respond to your high positive emotions.

You experience pleasant sensations throughout your entire being; your mind is clearer, your heart more open, your inner realms more expansive, and your connection to the higher realms easier and smoother.

By contrast, when you experience fear, anger, or frustration, everything in the body/mind contracts. The cells... the organs are bathed with stress hormones. There is a level of being closed off, with defenses up. The being is shut down; the vibrations are dense and heavy. It is important for each being to train themselves - to lift themselves up into the higher emotional vibrations, to reach for feelings of joy, gratitude, and appreciation. These emotions will be your life raft, your safety in times to come."


1 comment:

Lisa Nowak said...

Thinking positively is something I struggle with, as well. I haven't seen the benefits of doing so in the same way you have, but I do know that thinking negatively only makes things worse by making you suffer unduly.