Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soul Collage



About a year and a half ago, I joined a group of friends who taught me how to do Soul Collage. Since then, it has become another of my passions. It's a delightfully fun, easy and made-for-group hobby. The process combines cutting out and pasting of magazine images on 5"x 8" cards of mat-board. After making the card, there is a process of writing about and dialoging with the images on the card. There's too much to explain here, save to divulge the fact that I've made about 50 of them since I started and I have no plans to quit. . .ever.

Soul Collage lends itself well to sharing with groups. So a friend of mine (and sometimes more) congregate at one or the other's home once a month to work on and share our work. It's a satisfying and useful addiction.

Pictured above are only a couple of mine. For further information and if you'd like to join us, check out the website: Soul Collage . My entire collection can be viewed on my Flickr site.

No comments: