So far, I've managed to cough up a chapter a week on my memoirs, and am thirty-five chapters along. Which means I've been writing for over a year and have only encountered a dry week here and there. So I find myself in the middle of the story and still moving. When I get stuck in the occasional bog, I've had my weekly, women's writing group for which to be thankful. They've been a source of constant encouragement, helping me circle those muddy spots and continue forging ahead, pen in hand. Or, rather, with fingers on the keyboard.
The chapter I just finished is about the Change of Habit. Or. . .the Kicking of the Habit. A fun subject to share with the general population. As with the rest of my writing, most people have no idea what goes on behind those closed convent doors, especially fifty years ago. It's been a creative challenge to share my experiences. At the rate I'm going, one day I'll reach the last chapter and release it as a published finale. Wow! How will that feel?


1 comment:
It's good to know you are progressing so well, but how can you ever be finished? As soon as you complete the story of your life, you will have to write the story of writing the story!
Post a Comment