Saturday, July 7, 2007

Reunion


Back from the coastal family reunion and my mind is still flying
somewhere over the ocean.
Fireworks on the beach, along with
a gigantic bonfire.

Thirty of the Klaas clan celebrating, eating, laughing, drinking,

beach-hopping for three or four days.

Several had made the trip by plane from New Jersey, Nebraska or Missouri.

I was blown away by the power and spirit of the group.

Like no former family gathering the Klaases have ever had,

this one featured more than just Dad as central figure.

This time, groups radiated generosity, humor, high energy, appreciation and love.


I felt almost overwhelmed and almost unworthy to belong to such a group.

My tendency to feel alienated got embraced. Absorbed. Hugged.

It felt to me as if everyone belonged and that we were a diverse, healthy and very alive group. I’ve been carrying the energy from our gathering for days since my return home.

No comments: