Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rescue Me

I just completed the quickest course in CPR I’ve ever had in my life, so that I’ll be in compliance with my massage license with the Oregon Massage Board. I've been trying to hunt down a class somewhere within a forty mile radium of Moro for the past few months. When I finally did find the right one in The Dalles and signed up for it, it got cancelled. That limited my choices to waiting until the Fall term at the community college, or a possible class given by the Red Cross in Hood River. The whole thing was becoming ridiculously impossible!

Then I found a source right under my nose. Our local Emergency Medical Team routinely conducts CPR and First Aid classes, as needed, for various groups. This weekend, the members of the Fair Board were scheduled to have a class to ready them for the upcoming County Fair. Even better, the Instructor, who is a neighbor just a few doors down the street, invited me for a quick CPR review course tonight. He and his wife invited me to come to their house, where watched a How-To Video together. Then I practiced a few rounds on a mannequin and finished the whole course in less than an hour. It couldn’t have been any easier. And, as always, I’m keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that I’ll never have to do CPR on anyone except a mannequin. . . . Ever!

Afterwards, I walked home just in time to join Elaine and her mom at our place for a TV show and a nice dish of Butter Pecan ice cream.

No comments: