Friday, December 7, 2007

The Way I Am




I discovered Byron Katie’s book, A Thousand Names for Joy, and have been reveling in it each day. Her words became even clearer on her website, where I viewed several videos of her doing “The Work”, that she teaches in all her books: http://www.thework.com/thework.asp#3 . Every word she says is what I need at this time in my life. Funny how that happens. Exactly what I need comes my barreling at me full speed at exactly the right moment. I must be a marvelous being to be able to choreograph my life this way. The longer I live, the more I know that this is the way things work. That I’m the perfect being for what I need myself to be. That I’m in the perfect body, the perfect geographical spot and in the perfect relationship with my partner, each of my family members and friends. It has always been this way throughout my life. Especially when I look back, I’m able to see how perfectly the pieces of my life’s puzzle have fit together. How exquisitely timed and arranged.

According to Byron Katie’s viewpoint, the cause of our suffering is our THOUGHTS about what has happened to us; what will happen to us and what IS happening to us in this moment. She travels the world over, showing people how to take a few simple steps to come to peace with our thoughts. Our thoughts. Our thoughts.

No comments: