This morning I had breakfast in the park with Jan, Elaine and Dick. We’ve plans to cook breakfast out once a week while the summer weather lasts. While downtown this morning, I also stopped by the quilt shop, where a major mob of quilters gathered. The news media from The Dalles and Portland will join them for lunch and take photos of the quilt that's been created. Our county is the first to honor female veterans who have died through a quilt. Each woman who has sacrificed her life has her name on the quilt. The whole project has already put our obscure county on the front page of the news. Each of the quilt group members (including me) also got to sign it. Fourteen of our quilt group will be flying to Washington DC to present the quilt, where it will be displayed with honor. I still can’t believe it’s actually happening.
Now I’ve got to fill up my water bottle, change into my loose clothing and be off to pick up Elaine. Time for the weekly Tai Chi class I’m teaching at the Senior Center.

No comments:
Post a Comment