Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Beginnings


I just purchased a cheap set of watercolors from both the Thrift store and Fred Meyers. Enough to get me started sampling what it feels like to try them again. Eons ago I took a college class in watercolors, which left me with one masterpiece and reeling at the fact that this medium is more challenging for me than any other. Since then, it's been too many years without even touching the stuff again. It's been about a year since I've been back into sketching and posting them on Flickr. It's time to try watercolors again.

Last night I dug out some photos and picked one to try out. My favorite was a picture of my sister, Marty and her son, Anthony. They spent the night at our place a few years ago. I kinda like how it turned out. It's pretty good for a beginner.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is great Orice! You're so incredibly talented, I keep saying it, but it is SO true!!