Sunday, March 8, 2009

Creativity Bug

Funny thing about creative juices. They’re infectious. Once in the system, they never quit. One creative project leads to another. One’s never enough. The children’s story I’ve been writing for the past several years is finally resurfacing. With the encouragement and inspiration of the others in our Wednesday Morning Writer’s Group, I’m forging ahead and experiencing a certain high. A flow.The characters are becoming more real and almost writing their own story. A phenomenon I’ve heard about but never experienced myself. It's happening.

On the fabric front, the quilt I’ve been cutting out forever is in the “sewing-together” stage. I’ve heard this comment more than once from non-quilters…”Quilting is stupid. "All you’re doing is cutting out perfectly beautiful fabric and then sewing it together again”. True. But somehow satisfying. Addictive.Today I will piece together the 188 blocks of “Flying Geese” for the top, bottom and sides of the quilt. Then on to the middle. It's looking better by the inch.

Meanwhile, on the sketching and watercolor front…things have been standing still. Can’t do it all. I’ve got several in mind and will launch headfirst into the next one soon. Eventually. So many satisfying projects to pursue. I feel blessed.

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

We could write tomes about creativity. Wait! Someone already has!!! But it is quite addictive and very, very delicious. Quite often, I feel as if the art takes over my spirit. I am only the instrument. Letting it flow through my hands is so satisfying. You've made me think about this more. I feel a theory forming! I'll get back to you . . .