Saturday, March 14, 2009

Out With the Old

I’ve been coasting along in a pretty pink bubble for quite awhile now. Doing my daily hour meditation with Holosync and rising above my habitual self castigating, poor-me level. Actually, I’ve been doing very well and enjoying my life filled with friendly folks and several creative endeavors. Then the Flu Bug hit me yesterday mid-morning; popped my pink bubble and laid me out flat on the sofa for an entire day. Rather humbling. Oh well. I slept my life away and awoke this morning feeling much better.

Am also enjoying the quilt I’ve finally figured out how to piece together. The pattern was one that was more than a little unclear in places and rather frustrating. It left out essential directions and details that would have made piecing it together much easier. But now that I’ve waded through it all as far as I have, it's looking like it's supposed to. Will take photos when finished.

Today is Doll Club, so I’m going to pack up my doll-in-progress and haul my somewhat slowed down body to the quilt shop. Then later on today (if I'm still up to it) it’s off to the Grand Opening of our new library with Jan and Elaine. Perhaps the fact that I spent Monday and Tuesday helping to pack books from the old library to the new, was part of what slowed down this old nag. Her body must not be what she used to be. After about the ninety-ninth mile-long trip from one end of the school to the other. (Our public library and school library are combined in the High School.) I was, as they say, plum tuckered out for a couple days. I huffed and puffed along with the other older volunteers who were helping make the move a smooth one. Now we can all be proud of our beautiful library.

No comments: