Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still Me




A couple nights ago I dreamt that I had somehow assumed the body of a very attractive, dark-skinned young woman whom I’d recently encountered. A woman whose beauty I admired. Even though I had her body, I realized I was still me. I was still this same Being I am now…with all that I’ve learned and experienced over the past sixty-six years. Then when I looked down at my hands, I noticed they remained my pale, stubby-thumbed, wrinkled old-lady hands instead of the young woman's graceful, beautiful ones. The more I examined the rest of myself, the more I realized that the only part of the girl I had taken on was her head.

The message for me was that, no matter what body I take on in each lifetime, I’m still the same Self. The same, everlasting Me. Beautiful, no matter what age or what body. Consistently recognizable at the core. It matters little what skin tone, age or level of cultural beauty I “wear’ at any given moment of my existence. I’m always and everywhere. . . .ME.


3 comments:

Liz in Kansas said...

Dreams are amazing - and always have a message if you can find it.

November Girl said...

Great dream, but great only because the dreamer could read its meaning.

Orice said...

I agreewith your observation, "November Girl". Dreams have messages and the "Dreamer" the only real discerner of the message.