

If you’ve been following my blog, it looks as if nothing’s been happening. Actually lots has. Besides writing a book (more about this another time), I've been doing some creative healing work and finished making a quilt.
With my birthday coming up soon, I’ve given myself an early gift. Why wait, right? Though quite spendy, I ventured to purchase a set of Pekikan cake type watercolors. I splurged further by getting ONE Windsor Newton red sable brush. One at a time is all I can justify until I’m sure I’m going to sail on into watercolors. The one brush cost thirty some dollars, but will hopefully spur me on and be worth it. Until now, I’ve been fiddling around with a cheap set of tube watercolors and a way too cheap brush. With my new acquisitions there’s no more excuse. Monday night is our regular Artist group’s meeting at the Art Gallery. Thus far, only three of us have been attending, but it has fired up each one of us in a way that keeps us painting and drawing. This summer we plan to do some “Plein Air” work. Just like it sounds, it means working outside in plain air. I can’t wait.

2 comments:
I'm sure you will "sail" with watercolors. I think the medium suits your style. I have always loved watercolors but have too heavy a hand to paint the way I want to. I think I got that from my mother - she's an oil woman!
I'm so excited for you! Good for you on splurging on a gift for yourself, I hope you'll post some of your paintings...
Post a Comment