Tuesday, April 7, 2009

unCONVENTional women



This is the cover of the book, "unCONVENTional women", by Marie Therese Gass, another former nun like myself. I'm one of the 73 former nuns whom she interviewed to write this book. A review on the back cover reads,

"Not a sour grapes book, unCONVENTional Women is one of the most thorough studies I've seen. It is an honest reflection of a way of life that is not only filled with faults because it is filled with people, but also an insight into a group of heroic, loving women who contributed a significant portion of thier lives to the service of others."

Though this book was published in 2001, I mention it again to anyone interested. It's how I lived nineteen years of my life. Most interesting if you're inclined to wonder about how nuns used to live.

Oh....and check out my latest watercolors. I'm still very much a novice at this medium, but am plugging along anyway.

No comments: