Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Lunatic Within



I back off and observe
the frantic and neurotic me.

Whose thoughts send my tummy into a turmoil,
My world in a whirl. . .

I Must,
I Must
I MUST. . . .. . .somehow. . . . change
. . . who I am . . .
. . . how I am . . .
or where I be. . .


Wouldn't I be so much better off. . .
and at peace
. . . happier . …
. . .elsewhere ?


Yes! Yes!
Certainly. . .

There, the Vacuum could finally absorb me
. . . enfold me
. . . . annihilate
this Lunatic within


Or,
if I remained right here. . .
. . . with eyes wide open . . .
. . . my heart too . . .
and of course my soul

Would I finally embrace it all . .

. . . including this Lunatic within?



“Presence is a state of inner spaciousness. . . . as you become one with the situation. When, instead of reacting against a situation, you merge with it, the solution arises out of the situation itself.” Eckhart Tolle

No comments: