Since becoming active on Facebook, I rarely take time to write on my blog, resorting instead to the brief blurb here and there in almost anonymous form. Blabbing nothing. Measuring my words with caution and receiving nothing of any quality or depth from almost everyone. Expecting more leaves me feeling more isolated than ever. Resorting to this type of communication encourages me to withdraw and spend time elsewhere. Alone.
I return to knitting hats. To drawing and crafting collages. To walking and reading. To listening to music and inspirational messages wherever they can be found. Without a TV, I settle into the river. Spend time on the river bank; contemplate the random scattering of fishing boats. I toss sticks along the shore for my neighbor's dog, which she retrieves with exuberance, reflecting my own heart's joy.
Gradually, I'm replacing the frantic and empty kind of connection I sometimes feel with others with river. . .with art. . .with animals. . .with joy. One beautiful day at a time.

2 comments:
Interactivity/feedback comes in such a wide variety of levels. I would think Facebook would be one of the highest feedback levels. I do expect blogging to give me feedback, just not as much. So far it suits me fine.
Your daily "routine" sounds very serene and joyful.
Love your words of wisdom and insight
Post a Comment