Friday, April 30, 2010

Meeting Your Guide

Though I've gone on numerous Shamanic or Spirit-type journeys over the years, I recently embarked on yet another. It was a brief excursion through visualization that I didn't expect to yield much, actually. Oh me of little faith! One of my lifelong spirit guides, a female, showed up and gave me a profoundly simple, but deeply healing message to take back with me into my daily life.

I wish to share the process with anyone interested. This was taken from a handout given at Cheryl Trine's class, which I've been taking for the past couple months.

"Journey Pool:
Intention: need only be present and ready to receive the gifts of the journey.

Walk to the edge of a beautiful pool filled with light. Like a favorite spa or lake. Dive in and find that you can move easily and breathe underwater with no problem. It feels so wonderful! Go deeper and deeper, moving closer and closer to the light at the bottom of the pool.
You find the light and see the entryway beside it. Open the entry and go through it..
Now you find yourself in a beautiful garden, filled with gorgeous flowers, trees and plants; many birds and bright joyful sunshine. Around the garden is a high fence.
On the other side of the garden you see agate in the fence. You walk through the beautiful garden, enjoying the sights, sounds and incredible smells.
At the gate in the fence, you open the gate, step through it and close the gate behind you.
Stand and wait for someone or something to take you on a journey.
When you hear the bell, say thank you to your guides. Return your attention to this room and when you are ready, open your eyes and fully return to here and now. Immediately record what you saw and learned."

by Cheryl Trine.

3 comments:

Selené Emrys said...

Love it!
Oh,I hope I see you in person this summer!

Liz in Kansas said...

What a lovely process. Reading the prompt has already started me on the journey. I will have to see where it takes me. Interesting . . . I cannot quiet my mind to meditate, but visualization takes me there immediately!

Unknown said...

Dear Cousin, I never seese (sp) to be amazed at you. Wish we could hang out together some weekend.
Love you,
Jayne