Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Glass Act

It seems I've returned momentarily to my art. Although I've put everything else on hold, I'm creating some fake stained glass windows. With paint. It took me more trips to the craft store than I'm willing to admit, but finally I've got two beautiful windows painted. And I'm loving the results. They resemble stained glass and are done with paint. So satisfying.

This represents a big step for me. Since my leaving Jan two years ago and her subsequent death, I haven't felt inspired to do a darned thing. Not entirely true. I've made quite a few Soul Collage cards and a necklace with earrings. But my whole artsy fartsy self has been on hiatus. So anything that even slightly resembles a nod in the direction of art encourages me. I'll take it. I'll see how long it lasts and most of all, I'll be grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're getting back in touch with your creative self.That can be so fulfilling.