
Image taken from Breema.com
Sue and I spent a luscious three days at Breitenbush and returned completely relaxed and in tune with our bodies. . .for a few more days at least.
I've been practicing Breema for many years and each time I go to one of the workshops, it feels like I'm coming home. Home to my body again. I spend most of my days in my head and forget that I have a body. A habit I've been in for most of my life.
Walking, breathing consciously, doing Tai Chi and Breema are my ways of returning to this much ignored and wonderful body of mine. Especially Breema affords me this much needed return to home base. It is billed as the "art of being present". We humans can't be present unless we are fully in our bodies and out of our minds.
Doing Breema at Breitenbush is perfect, since Breitenbush is . . .deep in the Northwest woods and as removed from civilization as it's possible to get within a short time. There are no cell towers and no access to computers. Overnighters have a choice of rustic cabins or tents in the woods. Vegetarian meals are provided, along with the opportunity to soak in outdoor hot tubs along the river.
Our morning and evening Breema sessions tipped us participants over the edge. . .out of our minds and into our bodies. Only then could we become fully, consciously and joyously present. Simply by being Present in our bodies. It's the nearest to "Bliss" that I'll ever be while still in the body.

No comments:
Post a Comment