I noticed this year . . .at church and at parties. . .how pensive and perhaps unhappy many seem to be during the season of cheer.
Each playing her own little tape inside her own little head,
saying how things "should" or "should not" be.
Me doing it too.
Telling myself how the world should" or "should not" be.
Then becoming aware of what I'm thinking.
Then hugging myself anyway.
Then thinking it again.
Then hugging myself again.
Over and over.
I'll most likely keep on 'keepin' on" in this manner forever.
No matter how often I catch myself.
Silly ol' me.
I guess we all are always going to be needing another hug, huh?

2 comments:
It was definitely a weird holiday for me. I know a lot of times people have unrealistic expectations of the season, but I don't think it was that for me. At least not any more than usual. I was just so exhausted this year. I think I was just burned out.
And with good reason, Lisa. You've accomplished tons! You inspire me, but not enough to work myself much harder. Lazy? Or maybe just getting wiser with age. LOL
Post a Comment