
Yesterday was Dad’s birthday and I carried his spirit with me through the day. Thought of him and cherished him, especially during the hour’s CranioSacral therapy session with an eighty-six year old man. Just two years younger than Dad would have been, if he were still in the flesh. Like Dad, this man had a big heart, filled with generosity, creativity, humor and kindness.
Another encounter with a person in her eighties, an old friend from Roseburg phoned me a few minutes ago. We had lost touch for the past year. She is an old massage buddy of mine from the beginning years of my life with massage. Together we served several years on the American Massage Therapy Association board for the state of Oregon. Today we reminisced about those times and friends. I am touched that she reached out to me. Though she had recent heart surgery, she sounded hale and hearty again. A powerful being who continues to influence my life in a healing way.
There are innumerable reasons for gratitude in my life. I have always been surrounded by an abundance of riches. An abundance of caring, inspiring friends and family. An abundance of vigorous health and happiness. Constant learning and creativity infuse my life. I swallow it whole and jump up and down; then can hardly wait to eagerly pass on this joy to others. Shamanism; Women’s Circles; Dousing; Tarot; Abraham-Hicks; Doll making; drumming; dancing and on and on. Always something excites and interests me. I am so grateful for my own Eternal Spirit, which continues to carry me along an ever-expanding path, moment by moment by moment. I thrive in the midst of both chaos and glory. What doesn't destroy me makes me even better. YES! YES! YES! I quote Stephen Hawkins’s in saying, “Could life be better than this?”

1 comment:
I love this! I am sure gramps is smiling down upon us.
Post a Comment