Friday, March 30, 2007

Break

I'm home from my wonderful three-day escape to the Oregon coast. Attending Kaline’s last theater production for the particular play was special, since she invited me backstage before and after the play, where I got to meet the cast and watch what goes on behind the scenes. I was again included in the cast’s cozy restaurant gathering at the Chinese restaurant next door. I got a genuine whiff of what goes on in theater life. The lingo; the feeling of satisfaction for a performance well done; the sense of easy camaraderie amongst the cast.

The next day, Kaline whisked me off to the top of Hebo Mountain, where sunshine and fresh spring air doused the remainder of my winter funk away. Then we were off to the local Outlet Mall, where my much more clothes-savvy sister helped me purchase a new wardrobe. . .new bras included. Before the day was over, I felt like one of Cinderella’s dumpy stepsisters. . transformed from a frump into something a bit more appealing. Oh goody!

For much of my time there, it was typically Oregon coast. . . .stormy and rainy. All the better, in my mind. We had more reason to spend our time in front at her fireplace . . .gossiping, sipping tea and reading our books. Anyway, I returned yesterday, fully rejuvenated and relaxed. Kaline, the coast and springtime storms, the best medicine I know.

No comments: