Thursday, April 5, 2007

Overcoming Lethargy

The earth heaves forth an abundance of green. The daffodils on the warm side of the house have been celebrating Yellow for a couple weeks now. Long before those in the shade have even thought about awakening. All this pushing forth and bubbling encourages me. Enough gloom and doom. Being born time is here again. This Sunday the family will celebrate Easter with a traditional family dinner. I’m bringing scalloped potatoes to go with the ham that we got as a Christmas gift from Jan’s employer. Elaine will cook it and Marge and Kathy will contribute something delicious to the fare.

My creativity is mimicking spring too. After overcoming my winter inertia, I attended a purse making class this past Tuesday. We learned to make the cutest little bags out of used up men’s’ ties. Today I created my second one. I’m on a mission to make four of them for the Alley Cats, whom I will be visiting in Los Angeles in September. Carolyn and Marie rousted me out of my lethargy and got me to purchase my ticket for the flight. Now I’m glad I did. Can’t figure out why I’m always so darned reluctant to move off of square one when it comes to planning a jaunt to some distant place. Or even to someplace closer. It did me a world of good to spend a few days at the coast during spring break. It felt as if I’d been gone for longer by the time I came home. It scoured me out. Broke up my dusty way of thinking and unloosed a younger spirit again. Oh dearie me, what a dud I can me sometimes.

This morning, I spent a couple hours poking in the dirt in our flowerbeds. The weeds are taking hold and I have several packets of seeds ready to be planted. Only managed to get one packet of seeds scattered on one side of the house, along with weeding and stirring up the dirt around all the established plants. We’ll see how many days it will take me to make it all around the house and through all the flowerbeds. It’s usually a daunting task, though I seem a bit brighter at the prospect this year. There’s is hope for me.

No comments: