Sunday, March 2, 2008

Home

What a relief! Jan got to come home with me today. It makes me appreciate the fact that my health is so good. Not to take one single breath that I breathe for granted. Actually, the trip back and forth to The Dalles every day was quite peaceful. The views of snowy Mt. Hood, the rolling wheat fields, the river and the whole Gorge, are always so very calming. Every time I make the trip, I am convinced there is no more beautiful place in the world to live. Even though the trip is to the hospital, my heart has been mostly peaceful and grateful for all that makes up my life. Even Jan’s illness, which is teaching me that, unless I want to be on an emotional roller coaster until she dies one day, I need to root myself in Spirit. Spirit never dies . . . .and we go on eternally. So why get all bent out of shape over anything at all in this life?

I’m currently rereading the big-deal book that Oprah has been talking about lately: “The New Earth”, by Eckhart Tolle. Excellent book. No accident that I’m reading it at this challenging time in our lives. A time of so many upheavals. The book reminds me of the only things that matter in this life. Very calming and reassuring. Even though I let the fears get the best of me now and then; deep down there is a feeling of being as calm as the depths of the ocean.

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

So glad to hear that Jan is home again. I agree that you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Your description has made me quite homesick. We can all benefit from your spiritual revelations for no one knows how much time we will have on this plane with our loved ones.