Saturday, March 29, 2008

No Idaho This Time Around




Didn't make it to Idaho on Thursday, since the mountain pass between Moro and Pendleton has been snow covered and much too threatening for me. Kaline is my usual companion for the Idaho trip, but she took off to see two of her grown children on the east coast at the this time. Which left me a little spooked to navigate the icy distance alone. So I opted out of taking on slick roads and the possibility of having to put on chains too. Yuk.

Instead, I've enjoyed the stay at home. Since my calendar had been cleared out before hand, I've enjoyed drawing, watching too much TV and taking in the snowstorm that surprised us yesterday. From inside our warm and cozy house. It's been feeling very"vacation-like" after all.

Besides, next Thursday through Saturday I'm taking off for Lewiston, Idaho (a five hour trip) with a friend. She's teaching another beginning Quantum Touch class, which I'm taking again. I'll get to stay with Marie while we're there and return on Saturday with Suzanne. A three day getaway after all.

I'm having so much fun on my Flickr site these days. The photos to the right of this blog are of my drawings. The one I created today is my newest favorite. . . a drawing of elinor peace bailey, an over-the-top, loveable and well-known dollmaker. The drawing really looks like her, although it's a definite caricature. She's heavy, but the drawing is exaggerated of course. The colors are perfect for her personality too. She actually wears outrageously colorful and creative clothing and dyes her hair a screaming shade of pink.

2 comments:

Liz in Kansas said...

This is a great drawing! I think you captured elinor's eyes. I am really impressed with the way your drawing has evolved since you joined the sketching and journaling group. Obviously it has been good for you!

Orice said...

Thanks, Liz. Sketching has turned out to be quite therapeutic for me. I haven't been able to concentrate on dolls, but the pen and pencil are doing the trick.