
Eleven people in my third Tai Chi class are all excited. The word’s getting around about how fun my classes are. It’s been awhile since I’ve taught something this stimulating. When we first moved here seven years ago, I conducted several dollmaking classes, but now I’m ready to branch out a bit. The manager of our new Senior Center wants more classes at the Center. Which I’m dreaming up as I write. As I’ve already written about before, I just finished a two-Saturday Quantum Touch class and have begun a group that wants to meet on a regular basis. Plus there are several people on the waiting list for the next classes in both Tai Chi and Quantum Touch. My heart’s happy about this.
Obviously I'm becoming obsessed by my new status as ordained priestess. I know I've already mentioned the fact that I’ve been asked to be the minister at a friend’s wedding in December, which the three of us have been planning together. Now I'm happy that I obtained my minister’s license through the Universal Life Church. Strangely enough my license continues to buoy me up with a new sense of empowerment and imagination about how I can use it for fun rituals. Those of us“ordained” through ULC can perform marriages, baptisms, found a church and even declare our own saints. (This one has GREAT potential!) Think of it! Anyone who want to can join the hallowed ranks. Not just men and not just those affiliated with “proper churches”. So there! Those are too stuffy and unimaginative anyway.
Ron and Sally are planning to marry on the Winter Solstice at a castle on the Washington side of the Gorge. Their wedding theme so far includes the tale of a prince and a princess and of course a castle. I’m delighted to be included as “Priestess Orice”. Now what to wear? The magical cape I’ve quilted would work. Now for the rest of it.
Obviously I'm becoming obsessed by my new status as ordained priestess. I know I've already mentioned the fact that I’ve been asked to be the minister at a friend’s wedding in December, which the three of us have been planning together. Now I'm happy that I obtained my minister’s license through the Universal Life Church. Strangely enough my license continues to buoy me up with a new sense of empowerment and imagination about how I can use it for fun rituals. Those of us“ordained” through ULC can perform marriages, baptisms, found a church and even declare our own saints. (This one has GREAT potential!) Think of it! Anyone who want to can join the hallowed ranks. Not just men and not just those affiliated with “proper churches”. So there! Those are too stuffy and unimaginative anyway.
Ron and Sally are planning to marry on the Winter Solstice at a castle on the Washington side of the Gorge. Their wedding theme so far includes the tale of a prince and a princess and of course a castle. I’m delighted to be included as “Priestess Orice”. Now what to wear? The magical cape I’ve quilted would work. Now for the rest of it.
Photo is a European Castle taken by Diverk"

No comments:
Post a Comment