
December 22, 2008
Guardian
Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards, by Doreen Virtue.
Artemis came to me today to reassure that, as I continue to let my dreams of the ideal community unfold, she will be Guardian of that dream. Just as she has been all along. I came into this lifetime dreaming of community. Not only was I born into a family of eight children (community enough already!), but then insisted on dashing off to join a religious community at the tender age of fifteen.
Artemis has been with me as I walked the path of my youth through a very different way of life than I’d had as a child. Because of her protection, I allowed myself to trust. Even to open up and be satisfied with my convent life. In many ways my life as a nun nurtured my need for spiritual surroundings and with more than a bucket load of other women. Some mighty inspiring and fine women, many my lifelong friends. During those nineteen years, I picked up some very useful lifelong skills that I continue to carry with me to this day:
A sense of discipline; the art of being silent and not talking all the time (as I was certainly. . and still can be. . .inclined;
The ability to find my own inner stability in the midst of a crowd; how to defer to the “will of the whole”, rather than always to my own individual preferences; how to let go of and merge and swim with the Cosmic Whole, rather than drown.
Artemis has been with me the entire time, guarding me and nurturing the strong, resilient and creative woman that I have always been. Within or without a community for me to belong to, Artemis stands ready to guard the individual. Rather than permitting her/him to be swallowed up by the group identity in an unhealthy way, she instills courage to remain diverse, creative and strong within the merge. To swim with the flow, rather than resist or become swallowed up by it.
There is so much of the dream that is unclear to me. I feel the burden of carrying it in a cloudy sort of fog. That's because this is a group dream, and though I have carried it for my lifetime, I know that I carry but a small piece of the it. I trust that my dream is in harmony with that one being held by a multitude of other dreamers of the same. Who have also carried it their entire lives. Whether that be for fifteen, twenty, thirty or ninetly years. We are already community and in the flow of this dream and will one day emerge into the clear, blue manifestation of it. In the meantime we close our eyes (or perhaps OPEN them wider) and wait for one another. As one of the Awakened ones says. . ."We are the Ones we have been waiting for."

No comments:
Post a Comment