Sunday, January 18, 2009

Burrowing

My world has been frozen with thick layers of fog for the past few days. Every twig and needle on every tree is loaded with white crystals and the sidewalks roads are like a skating rink. Yesterday I barely made it upright from the front door to the car to get to the post office. Driving was no problem with studded snow tires, but had to avoid cars sliding all over the road along the way. Once there, I didn’t trust my feet to stay under me to get out of the car, so left the mail where it was and drove on home.

Because tbere's not much else I can do, I give myself permission to burrow in and do something crafty. Like cutting, piecing together and appliquéing a wall quilt; finishing a book or drawing a few pages

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

Snow and ice can be pretty to look at, but it's just plain scary!! if you have to go out in it. I am not a fan of winter - but perhaps its purpose is to provide us with quiet spaces for thinking and crafting? "Burrowing" sounds so cozy!