Friday, January 2, 2009

No Oomph

Can't seem to get myself going. Still feel in a holi-DAZE . Which is a nice contrast to my usual goal-oriented persona. Yesterday I mustered the effort to sketch a page, which is posted on Flickr and can be seen at the right.

Started my usual round of weekend cleaning today. Fridays are bathrooms and utility room; Saturdays kitchen and Sundays vacuuming and dusting. A little bit a day gets the job done without being overwhelming. Too much housework can kill creativity in my opinion. The casual observer could sumise as much. Eventually I'll warm up the sewing machine again and finish the table runner I'd started a few weeks ago. Before the holi-DAZE set in.

3 comments:

Deanna Hogan said...

This affliction seems to be going around. I'm sure it'll turn around soon, you can't help but be creative.

Today I posted about my difficulty getting started on a project as well, as have other e-friends. Must be a seasonal or circadian sort of thing.

Deanna ;-)

Anonymous said...

I just wish the spiders could add some bright colored beads to their webs. They would look so much nicer.
Hello Orice. Love reading your blog. luv ya Terry

Liz in Kansas said...

"Too much housework can kill creativity in my opinion."

Think I will paint that on a large plaque - with appropriate embellishments, of course - and hang it in my living room!

Sounds as if your muse just needs a little vacation. Where would you go if you were a mythical muse-ish type of character?