Saturday, August 8, 2009

Garden Food . . .plus Chocolate

While my friends are gone, I've been in charge of watering, weeding and trying to keep up with the garden. At this point, there's the tail end of beets and green beans. Not so many carrots anymore.

So this afternoon, I cooked up a storm of green bean dishes and beets. Yum! Looked up recipes for cooking Beet Greens; made a delcious Summer Zucchini Salad with fresh corn off the cob, yellow and orange peppers and a sauce of Balsamic vinegar over cooked onions. Then I went out and nabbed a Halibut Steak from the supermarket, which I baked with lemon. To top it all off, I baked a batch of brownies! Why not! All these garden goodies call for a compliment of something sinfully delcious, right?

Now that everything's about ready, I'm off to have a bit of everything I've fixed. It all looks and smells so good!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Chocolate a sin? Oh my...point me to the nearest confessional!

Jan

Liz in Kansas said...

Yum, yum. Now see what you've done? You've made me hungry again! What you described sounds like heaven to me. Are you sure you are in Portland?