Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My New Home





I'll soon be moving into my lovely new, studio apartment on the Willamette River in Oak Grove. It's very woodsy and each of my studio windows looks out upon the fabulous view of the river shown in the photo. It's almost unbelieveable, except that I have been practicing the art of Creation. Learning how to manifest my dreams into reality.

For the past three weeks, since I left my partner of 21 years, I've been living with my dear friends in Portland. Since Sunday, I've been searching out possible apartments throughout the city and couldn't find what I wanted within my financial category. I tried advertising on Craigslist and today a wonderful, (rich) couple, living in a ritzy neighborhood on the Willamette River responded to the ad by inviting me to look at their studio apartment in Oak Grove. An upscale, ritzy neighborhood, directly on the Willamette River. The studio has a small balcony and many large windows, each overlooking the river, right in the back yard. There's also a private dock and miles of beachfront area to walk/swim/boat. An absolute dream come true.

The landlords are asking me to pay only what I can afford, which includes all utilities, cable and Wifi. I'll be moved in by September 1st. The challenge will be the size. . .the studio is only 450 square feet large. A wonderful opportunity for me to shed even more of my " stuff". I'd already pared it down three weeks ago to what I could pack in boxes and NO furniture. Now I will go through my stuff again and rid myself of even more.
Another bonus: The apartment is nicely furnished with nice, expensive furniture. Once I'm settled in, I'll take more photos and then begin inviting my friends (one at a time) to come stay with me. Oh goody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have found your new place to create. I am glad you are finding happiness. You will find alot of new creative ideas I bet.