Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Blessings keep on coming.

For years I've read about, believed in and leaned towards the manifestation of my own reality. I knew that whatever I talked about, thought about or gave much of my energy to would become part of my reality in the moment. So if I let negative, pessimistic, critical thoughts/words/actions take over for very long, sure enough. . .down the negative road I'd flow. Things would start. . . (or continue) being painful, worrisome, troublesome, painful, etc.

Even though I knew better.

Since I've taken a flying leap out of my former life on August 1st, I've been practicing positive reinforcement, or affirmations of all the good that is or could be. When I was tempted to think I'd never find a place to live that would fit into my budget, I stopped myself in mid-worry and began jumping up and down with excitement, proclaiming something like..."Oh goody, I'm NOW living in the most perfect, beautiful, peaceful, affordable place in Portland." Over and over again and with as much excitement as I could muster, I'd gratefully exclaim how blessed I was to be living in such a perfect place. Within a few days I landed my little abode by the river.

Since then, I've been using this positive attitude-of-gratitude and exclamation of happiness about many things. . . large and small that I tend to begin worrying about. And I continue being showered with blessings and gifts that would formerly have seemed almost miraculous. Things like: all but a couple pieces of my furniture were given to me. Nice pieces that I would never have been able to afford right now. I was offered the gift of taking a class that was worth $300, for free. Which will count toward continuing education units for my massage license.

Each day, upon arising, I start recounting (aloud. . and with great enthusiasm) my gratitude and joy over every little aspect of my life. And in particular, I might mention something that looms over me as a potential worry-wart issue. I even jump up and down with enthusiasm as I continue proclaiming my gratitude for all that I'm grateful for in my life.

I don't leave anything out either. Each day, I thank the Universe for the gift of those 21 years I spent with Jan, whom I've left behind. I focus upon all the goodness and joy of our lives together and of Jan. I refuse to be overcome with the painful and hurtful aspects of what resulted in my eventual parting from her. I choose to focus upon Jan as she is in the core of her being. . .a beautiful, sensitive and loving person. Whom I will always respect and love. I am grateful for having known and loved her from the bottom of my heart.

And the blessings continue to pour into my life.
Into my heart.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Words fail me at the moment, but I'm nodding my head. Can you hear my brains knocking about in there?

Selené Emrys said...

viva manifestation!!! Good for you!!! It's ALL HAPPENING!