Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Perfect Love

It feels delicious. . . this living alone thing I'm doing. Don't know why I've put it off for so long.
Being alone is like being in the company of the one who knows, understands and love you best.
Finally I do.
Love me best.
It's taken years of waiting for someone else to love me the way I've needed to finally awaken to
the fact that only I can love me.
So tonight I'm giving myself the gift of solitude.
While I sit in almost-darkness,
At my computer,
In front of the darkness outside my window. . .
Moonlight revealing the river below.
Crickets sounding in waves.
Cool, moist river air wafting in over my face.
I wait . . .
I hug myself. . .
and know how deeply I am loved.

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

Solitude and silence are wonderful gifts to give yourself. We all need it once in awhile, and sometimes more! The world we live in is so noisy and busy that we forget to nourish our inner self. Ah, moonlight on the river. I think that is the image I will give myself tonight.