Friday, March 19, 2010

Macrame Necklace







My first encounter with macrame jewelry was when Selene gifted me with a bracelet she had so creatively made years ago. Thus I was primed to take the class that was offered in the local bead shop last week called, "Micro Macrame". I was able to use up old beads I had from dollmaking as well as "old skills" I had used years ago. Whodda thunk that those old hippie macrame skills would come around as such fine looking jewelry? Anyway, I'm happy with how mine turned out.

3 comments:

Selené Emrys said...

wow! I dont even remember that bracelet! But yours is beautiful!
Congrats!

Liz in Kansas said...

So pretty! Hmmm. Where did I put that old macrame book? Your necklace is a real inspiration.

Jan said...

What a great idea! I'd love to refresh those kills learned in the 70's. I know I saved a macrame book, now to dig up the supplies and apply them.

Yet another of your talents revealed! You rock!