After a prolonged taste of almost-summer for the past couple weeks, a storm interrupts Springs reverie. From inside my studio apartment, I watch a single motorboat buzz up the river to land at the boat launch on the opposite shore. The sky has threatened an outbreak for the past couple hours and now darkens even more. Low clouds open up and pelt rain at my windows and upon the fishermen who hurriedly disembark.
A black"V" of geese blow past my view on their way to wherever it is they go in a storm. Though my body and spirit were just beginning to imagine sunshine and sand for endless days, I see that I can also enjoy being cozy inside my crow's nest of a home too. In the approach of evening darkness I settle in. Look out into the wind and rain and unsettled river. There is a sense of being hugged. . . .held. . .comforted in the midst of the raw whirling beyond my window.

No comments:
Post a Comment