Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wide-Eyed Woman

It took me all day to get to my art piece done. Put it off as long as possible. First. . . lunch in Canby with a friend. Then grocery shopping for cranberries and two bottles of sparkling cider for Thanksgiving at the coast. And of course, a library stop-off, where I grabbed the Willamette Week and a couple more books to add to my reading stash.

Finally home, I filled a jar with water, grabbed my notebook and watercolors and dashed off another one. Myself again. With a toothy grin and eyes wide open. Added a dash of purple too, which has been sneaking into every one of my paintings lately. Love how it looks. The perfect “tweak” at the moment.

Am daily falling a little bit more deeply in love with the Being who I am. It matters less by the day that the face looking back at me in the mirror is full of wrinkles and an un-ladylike toothy grin. This Being I’m coming to know is more beautiful to me by the day. My own perfect Lover.

No comments: