I finished the Ravendoll I started months ago. Before I knew I was about to enter a period of Chaos in my life. Little did I know at the time that Raven signifies "The VOID". . .a time of entering into the Unknown. . .the mysterious womb of darkness from whence who-knows-what will develop.
So here I am. In the VOID and finally accepting that life is anything BUT "life as usual". Mysterious. Suspenseful. Even reassuring in some ways. I'm learning to back off. Settle in. Trust. Let go. Of all that I thought/think life is supposed to be. And not feeling frantic in
any way. Simply curious about where. . .when. . .or even IF. . .another door will open.
In the meantime, I enjoyed finishing up the Raven doll, as I tuned into stories I found online. Raven stands 16 inches tall. . .a couple of water bottles taped together and weighted down with sand. I fashioned his head and neck vertebrae (interspersed with hand made turquoise beads) from Sculpy clay and painted them. Added a bit of cloth, feathers and beads and ... .wah-lah! A handsome Raven.
Without a TV or regular company, I find keeping my own company quite comforting. While hanging out in the VOID.

3 comments:
beautiful doll! Much Love!
He's wonderful! He looks mysterious and confident. Just the way Raven should look as he leads you into the unknown. Great work!
Nice work... love the whole idea of remaining curious in the face of uncertainty...
Post a Comment