Monday, November 2, 2009

Swallowed


Soul Collage # 1

This is the first in what I hope will become a series of
Soul Collage (process developed by Seena Frost) creations. Last night, five of us were invited
to participate in this spontaneous, inventive process, wherein we
quickly and intuitively hunted through magazines and other sources
of illustrations and then cut out and glued the results on an
approximate 5"x 8" piece of mat board.

Afterwards, we journal-ed and then shared what we thought it said about our
own life. The meaning is not stagnant and will supposedly evolve
as we see deeper meaning in the supposed "random" creation we
each made. We got so "into" the process and our creations that
we plan to do more as we grow to know one another and choose
to share.

I've entitled my creation: Swallowed because:
The background reminds me of the back of an opened throat,
into which my innocent self (the small child in the foreground) is
running. The large Puffin seems to be almost exploding out from
within the throat,whilst my old, wise-woman self in the upper
right hand corner knows and watches all.

The orange, slimy frog represents the ongoing, re-birthing part
of me, constantly laying eggs . . . new life. New challenges.
And of course, the Blue Heron, my constantly
recurring visitor of my riverside existence, also stands patiently
and watches. Waits.

This artistic creation symbolized my current re-creation
and re-birthing stage in life. The orange color theme also
happens to represent the Second Chakra. . .. the place of
birthing and creation.

More to come. .
An ongoing process for sure.

3 comments:

Selené Emrys said...

Beautiful! I love it. And I LOVE YOU!!

Liz in Kansas said...

What an interesting exercise. I love the collage - it actually looks comfy cozy to me!

Grace Sanford said...

I've been interested in Soul Collage since I heard about it last year aound this time. I bought the book for a friend for a Christmas present last year, and I hope to get my own copy. There is a web site by Seena Frost that describes the whole concept at www.soulcollage.com, so one really doesn't need to have the book. There are no groups where I live but I have today found a group that meets online for SoulCollage, www.soulcollagesue.com.
I have followed you on Flickr for quite a while and now have joined your followers here at Sagewindy Woman. Didn't your blog banner used to look different? I may gather courage to create my own blogger page. What I'm afraid of is that I'll quit doing everything else once I get going :)