
We had doll club all day today, even with only the three of us: Lisa, Kathy and me. Lisa worked on a challenge quilt for the Moda Fabric challenge; Kathy beaded a head covering for one of her dolls and I embellished and finished the two tiered skirt for my monochomatic wall angel. An epb pattern. Most of the fabrics were first dyed in soft shades of blue and green. Even her hair has been dyed blue, which removed the broom-yellow shade from the commercial hair and left it a soft white color. It's harder to see the detail, but there are severl layers of lace on the inner skirt. The wings are all I have left to do now. Then she'll be ready to hang on someone's wall. Mine first for awhile.

2 comments:
Recie, what a gorgeous doll. I love all the lacy bits. It's hard to believe you dyed the hair as well. It is really a lovely pale blond now - I will keep that idea in mind the next time I can't find just the right hair color!
I just finished Byron Katie's first book. Have not tried the Work yet - need to let it sit in my brain - but reading the book itself is freeing. Thank you for bringing the Work to my attention.
Orice,
Your creativity always amazes me. You are so talented. Everything you do is great. Terry
Post a Comment