Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Urge to Finish

Cleaning up the holiday decorations and boxing them away in the cellar always gives me the feel of a New Year. One more finished and another begun. I just tossed out the pile of accumulated Xmas cards, junk mail and whatnot that had been accumulating on my desk. Then, after taking down the strings of lights, ornaments and doo-dads, Jan helped me take apart and box up the thousand-piece puzzle she gave me for Xmas. She gave me one again this year, even though she knows how obsessive I become. There’s no stopping me, once I begin. Hovering over the table all hours of the day and late into the night, I make order in my world, piece by piece. The day before New Years I finally finished it. My need to finish was “finished” for another year. Until the next puzzle.

So the saga continues. Now I want to finish the angel doll I began before the holiday hustle. I’ll take pictures when I’m finished.

No comments: